The official update on the breaking changes from the Next.js team.
Here are some shortcuts to the changes covered in the blog post:
- app Directory (beta): Easier, faster, less client JS.
- Turbopack (alpha): Up to 700x faster Rust-based Webpack replacement.
- New next/image: Faster with native browser lazy loading.
- New @next/font (beta): Automatic self-hosted fonts with zero layout shift.
- Improved next/link: Simplified API with automatic <a>.
From the author:
Next.js 13 and the pages directory are stable and ready for production. Update today by running:
1npm i next@latest react@latest react-dom@latest eslint-config-next@latest